Mornings really are good on BC Egg farms. They’re early too.
A couple of roosters will make sure of that. We’re usually up anyway, as there’s
a lot to do to produce Grade A eggs every day. We’re constantly looking after
our chickens because to us, they’re like family.
Most days start with a walk
through the barns to see
how everyone is doing
The mornings slip away pretty quickly after that as we devote our time to taking care of the hens and collecting eggs. We take a personal interest in our hens because we love what we do, and because it’s good for business. All BC egg farms are family-run. Our passion for egg farming has often been passed down from generation to generation.
What kind of feed is best for our chickens What kind of light do
they like, other than the rising sun
BC egg farmers know just about everything there is to know about running a farm and looking after our hens. It’s all based on sound research and science from animal scientists and veterinarians. You could say we’re the chicken and egg experts. We even contribute to important poultry research for the University of British Columbia.
Most farms load up a truck daily
with fresh eggs for local
BC grocery stores
Our goal is to make sure you have a good morning or at the very least a good start with fresh local BC Eggs. When you buy our eggs you’re supporting BC residents and the local economy.
Imagine someone who’s obsessed with keeping a clean house
Sweeping and washing the floors. Disinfecting and wiping up spills. In a way that’s what we do with our chicken barns. We do our best to give our hens a healthy home, that’s sanitary and comfortable. And they in turn give us clean, wholesome eggs.
Happy, healthy chickens
make healthy eggs
And there’s a whole bunch of people involved to make sure they stay that way. These people include: humane societies, veterinarians, food inspectors, animal scientists, and of course, BC egg farmers. Together we decide on the best practices for the care of our hens and the eggs they lay.
Show us what a good morning means to you and you could win our Grand Prize of a catered breakfast for 20 friends! Or one of our weekly prizes of a catered breakfast. You can enter by submitting a photo from your instagram account or simply fill out an entry form. For contest details click here.
We're sorry but this contest is only available to users from British Columbia, Canada.
If you believe this is a mistake you can contact us at our E-Mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or at phone number (604) 556-3348.
Sharing is caring
It seems like you have already registered, would you like an extra chance to win? Share this contest with your friends and we will give you bonus entries for each friend you refer.
Give us a few details about yourself. Only BC residents are eligible to enter.
Increase your chances of winning. Share this contest with your friends and we will give you bonus entries for each friend you refer.
Rules & Regulations
The Good Morning Contest
Official Rules and Regulations
This Promotion is intended for viewing and participation by legal residents of British Columbia only and shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Only those having reached the age of 13 years at time of entry are eligible to enter. Entry into this Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules and Regulations. Any Entrant under the age of 19 at the time of entry requires parental/legal guardian approval to enter the Contest. By entering a photograph in this Contest the entrant irrevocably licenses all rights, including copyright, in that photograph to the Contest Sponsor.
1) Eligibility: The “The Good Morning Contest” (“the Contest”) is free to enter and open to legal residents of British Columbia who are 13 years of age or older at time of entry and are present in British Columbia, except employees (or those with whom they are domiciled) of the British Columbia Egg Marketing Board 250-32160 South Fraser Way Abbotsford, BC V2T 1W5 (the “Sponsor”), MK Webstager Inc. 1662 West 8th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6J 1V4 (the “Administrator”) and Consumer-Response Marketing Ltd.- 16-19272 96th Ave, Surrey, BC V4N 4C1 (the “Judging Organization”).
2) Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Contest, Entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, Administrator, and/or Judging Organization which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Whether a selected entrant receives a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3) Contest Periods: The overall Contest opens Monday June 17, 2013 at 12:01:00 Pacific Time (“PT”) and closes Sunday July 14, 2013 at 23:59 (PT). The three weekly contests each commence on Monday June 17, June 24 and July 1 at 12:01:00 (PT) and close on Sunday June 23, June 30, and July 7 at 23:59 (PT) respectively. The Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4) How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in the Contest visit www.goodmorningbc.ca and click on the link “The Good Morning Contest”. There is the opportunity to enter the contest in one of two methods: (i) direct via the entry form or, (ii) first by attaching or uploading your own “Good Morning” photo through your Instagram© account then completing the entry form.
In completing the entry form under both methods of entry the Contest entrant is required to provide their full name, address, email address, telephone number (with area code) and confirm that their age at time of entry. Persons under the age of 13 years may not enter the Contest. Persons under the age of 19 years at the time of entry will require a parent or legal guardian’s permission to proceed with the entry process.
Each entrant choosing to enter the Contest through his/her Instagram account submitting a photograph as a part of his/her entry submission (a “Submission”) hereby warrants and represents that his/her Submission (and each component thereof):
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has (or has obtained) all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the videographer or photographer, as applicable) in and to the Submission (and all components thereof) for the purposes of entering the Submission in the Contest;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from each such individual and his/her parent/legal guardian if he/she is under the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (note: if you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in your Submission, then his/her face must be blurred out and voice, if applicable, must be altered so as to be unrecognizable);
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims whatsoever; and
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of Sponsor); content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Sponsor (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your Photo must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials unless the appropriate consents have been obtained --- note: all identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable); conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
The Sponsor and/or its promotional agency or designated content moderator (the “Reviewer”) will initially screen every Submission. Any Submission (or any component of a Submission) that the Reviewer deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to violate the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules is subject to disqualification. The Reviewer reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion at any time, to modify, edit or remove any Submission (or any component of a Submission), or to request an entrant to modify, edit and/or re-submit his or her Submission (or any component of a Submission), in order to ensure that the Submission complies with these Rules, or for any other reason.
Upon successful completion of the entry process you will receive a prompt on the website thanking you for your entry. Persons initially entering the Contest via their Instagram account and uploading/attaching a “Good Morning” photo will receive one (1) entry and an additional bonus entry to the Contest. Entrants with no Instagram account will receive one (1) entry to the Contest.
Those entrants that share this Contest on Facebook®, to have the opportunity to earn additional Entries for sharing, you must share the Contest with your friends and online network. Follow the on-screen instructions by clicking on the “[name]” button after completing your Registration to invite your friend(s) to enter the Contest via the Application. You will NOT receive anything for the act of sending the invitation. However, you have the potential to earn one (1) additional Entry if your friend accepts your invitation by clicking on the shared link and entering directly through the link provided in accordance with these Official Rules. Example: if a friend you recommend accepts your invitation and enters the Contest via the link provided, then you will earn one (1) additional Entry. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person/Account, per unique friend that accepts your invitation and subsequently enters the Contest via the link provided permitted via this method during the Contest Period. To those entrant that share this Contest on Twitter© you will receive one bonus entry for each individual friend with whom you share this Contest. You may only share with people: (i) with whom you have a personal or familial relationship or from whom you have received consent to contact; and (ii) by whom the invitation from you would not be considered spam or otherwise offensive.
LIMIT one entry per person and per email address per day, other than bonus entries. Multiple entrants may not enter from the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than one entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins, or any other methods other than those described for bonus entries above will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which may be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5) Prizes: There are three (3) Weekly Prizes available to be won in the Contest, each consisting of a catered breakfast for four people in the winner’s home. There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won in the Contest consisting of a catered breakfast for twenty (20) people in the winner’s home or a venue close to the winner’s home at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The approximate retail value of each Weekly Prize is $700.00 and the approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $2400.00. Prizes are non-transferrable and no substitution will be made unless the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determined otherwise. In the event that, because of the home location of the winner, it is deemed by the Contest Sponsor at its sole discretion unfeasible to cater the breakfast, the prize value will be awarded in cash to the Winner. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and the odds of winning a Weekly Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries by the respective close date. The odds of winning the Grand Prize are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received for the overall Contest. Weekly prize winners are only eligible to receive one Weekly Prize however are eligible for the Grand Prize.
6) Prize Draw: A random draw will be held at or around 10:00 AM Pacific Time on June 26, July 3 and July 10 for the Weekly Prizes and July 19 for the Grand Prize. Selected entrants will be notified by the email or mail via the address provided at the time of entry. If any selected entrant does not respond to the Judging Organization’s email or mail within fourteen days of it being sent, another selected entrant will be randomly selected for the same prize.
7) To Redeem Prize: Before being declared a winner, each selected entrant must correctly answer unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question administered by mail and must also complete and return the Prize Compliance and Waiver of Publicity/Liability forms within 14 days of receipt thereof. If the selected entrant fails to return the competed forms within the 14 days they will automatically be disqualified and another selected entrant will be randomly selected for the same
prize. If a selected entrant is unwilling or unable to comply in full with these rules, the prize will be forfeited and another selected entrant will be selected for that prize. If a selected entrant is under the age of majority at the time of entry, a parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the forms.
By entering the Contest and accepting any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, and Judging Organization and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. By acceptance of any prize, a winner also grants all consents required as contemplated in these Contest Rules and authorizes the Contest Sponsor and/or their promotional agents to broadcast, publish and disseminate his/her name, address, photograph, likeness and voice, in connection with any promotion or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and information purposes at no compensation to the winner, except the prize as awarded.
8) General Conditions: All entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor, Administrator, and Judging Organization. Sponsor reserves the right, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The Sponsor has the right to verify an entrant’s eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules, and to disqualify an entrant on the basis of its investigation in its discretion.
You may not enter with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses, nor may you use any other device or artifice to submit more than one (1) entry per email address per day other than bonus entries. If you use fraudulent entry methods, or otherwise attempt to participate with multiple e-mail and/or street addresses under multiple identities, or use any device or artifice to enter more than one (1) entry per day other than bonus entries, you will be disqualified.
9) Liability Provisions: Sponsor, Administrator, and Judging Organization are not responsible for human error, theft, destruction, or damage to your entry, or other factors beyond its reasonable control. You assume all risk of damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected entries. The Sponsor makes no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in connection with its ability to in any way enable, develop or market the idea set forth in your entry.
The Sponsor shall not be liable to a winner or any other person for failure to supply the Prize or any part thereof, by reason of the Prize becoming for reasons beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor unavailable or impracticable to award, or for any force majeure event, technical or equipment failure, terrorist acts, labor disputes, or act/omission of any kind (whether legal or illegal), transportation interruption, civil disturbance, or any other cause similar or dissimilar beyond the Sponsors’ control.
Sponsor, Administrator, and Judging Organization and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, contractors, representatives, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, resellers, dealers, distributors, and advertising/promotion agencies (collectively the “Released Parties”) shall not assume any responsibility whatsoever for any of the following: delayed, failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions; technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Contest website or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failures or difficulties; the incorrect or inaccurate capture or failure to capture information whether caused by Contest website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, Submission, or other information; the failure to capture any such information; or errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, network or otherwise arising out of or relating to the Contest, theft, loss, destruction or damage to the Submissions, in whole or in part, or other factors beyond their reasonable control. The Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to your or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Contest website.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR, AND ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY YOU FROM THE CONTEST.
12) Facebook: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the BC Egg Marketing Board and MK Webstager and not to Facebook. Facebook is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Facebook.